My friend tells me “I have too much time on my hands.”
Thus the subject of today’s post.
A slow day here at the Goat Farm, I have been doing a little self analysis and reading. Searching diligently for that “life changing moment that will radically change my life” as Dr. Phil would say.
Basically I came to the conclusion that I am a well-rounded individual, not so great looking (Just ask my wife), and a fun person with a nice old bus. One of my basic character flaws seems to be that I am very opinionated, but not to the point of being an internet bully. Also, I was reminded that I am not all that diplomatic when riled. My doctor says “I am the perfect weight … for a man that is seven feet tall.”
In other words, human.
So, I have been thinkin of mellowing out, like I said, reading some, looking for new wrinkles in the fabric of life. I just might give up the Internet altogether, sit on the porch and write poetry for the rest of my life.
- How can we know,
- how far,
- the long way can be
- Looking from where we are,
- it never seemed that long to me
- I’ve many miles behind me,
- and maybe now,
- not so much ahead
- Looking back,
- it seems I made good time,
- even with the directions I mis-read
- A Funny thing,
- This thing called time,
- A thing we are always running out of
- A thing we can never seem to find
- I am always coming up short
- or losing mine.
- No gas,
- no money,
- it is weighing heavy on my mind
- Bear with me
- I am moving quickly to the bottom line
- I still have places I want to see,
- I still have hills to climb
- Drifting down the other side quietly into the dark night
- Here is my reality
- No more drives in the country burning daylight.
- It looks like I am flat out running out of time
- A hammock on the front porch is all that is left for me.
- Locked down and serving my time,
- Here on the old goat farm in the country.(I don’t know if that is Rap or Hip-Hop if you want to know the truth)
- Nothing good on television tonight, Channel 34 … A murderous out of control bus tire rolls through the desert, using the power of its mind to make small animals and human heads explode! Pass. Maybe I will load up, drive into town, go down to Dunkin Donuts and reward myself with two glazed-crullers and a hot black coffee.
Life is good.