At the root of every grey hair, there is a dead brain cell. Someone had to remind me, so I’m reminding you, too. Don’t laugh…. It is all true! Perks of reaching 50 or being over 60 and heading towards 70 or beyond. Here are some tips for you when the world gets to be the best of thee, when life don’t come across so easily. Twenty reasons why it is okay to get older.
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation, you are most likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run … anywhere.
4. People call at 9 PM (or 9 AM) and ask, did I wake you?
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now … Won’t wear out.
8. You can eat supper at 4 PM.
9. You can live without sex … But not your glasses.
10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. You sing along with elevator music and you know ALL the words to the songs.
14. Your eyes won’t get much worse.
15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists and can predict the weather better than the national weather service.
17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
19. You are glad you have a DVR now you can tape Jay Leno and David Letterman and sleep.
20.You can’t remember where you saw this list, but you are sure glad it was in big print.
You are not over the hill … but you can damn sure see the top of it.