The third bay on the drivers side consists of the fresh water tank, holding tank, electric dump valve and the water pump. It is basically pretty simple in operation but kind of an eye-sore when you go to look upon it. Realistically speaking, it lacks curb appeal. Clicking once on photo enlarges it, a second click brings it all in up close and personal.
The old carpet has been removed and there is a new hole in the bus floor for the water hose access. One of the things I wanted to change was the hose set up, you had to leave the door cracked open when the water was hooked up. Now a new access door is in place, you can hook up and close the exterior doors while camped.
I located a permit plate that truckers use, and applied it here, for my new access door for the hose. It is stainless steel, came from Phoenix Design in Oklahoma City, makes for a pretty sanitary application.
In the closed position and in place, snap caps are on, and the floor is down.
About 80% complete in this view, a little trim work and some touch up items, and it will be done. LED lighting will be applied next and a little more attention to detail to round it out and put it away. Looking a LOT better now.
One of the necessary evils of bus restoration is often body work. I love the smell of Bondo, but I hate the mess. For some reason this bay had a huge crack running down the length and it needs some attention. So it is getting worked over a little bit before paint work begins. I don’t like it but it has to be done.
This will be one of the last chores to do in this bay.
About six days into the project and should wrap up in a few more days. Bottom of door sill remains to be completed, new trim piece painted and cut into place.Seldom do we check into a place after dark, but if it should happen, and we need to hook up, I have added a LED to illuminate the area.
Most everything is in place, the trim is up, everything is where it is supposed to be, all that is left is to finish out the end cap on the floor and it will be ready to go. Here is a before and after shot.
This has been about a two week project from start to finish.
CHOOSE A LINK TO RETURN TO: