The Weekend is over … The government goes back to work early this morning … You have something else to worry about b’sides the quarter of a tank needle on your gas tank.
- Your company might not be able to meet payroll and you might not get a paycheck this week.
- If you need to buy a home, you might not be able to get a mortgage.
- You might not be able to get a home equity loan to repair a leaking roof.
- If you build or repair homes, you could lose your job.
- You might not be able to buy your winter home heating oil on credit.
- If you need to buy a car, you might not be able to get a loan.
- If you sell or make cars, you could lose your job.
- You might not be able to use your credit cards to pay for an unexpected auto repair or hospital bill.
- You might not be able to get a student loan for your next year of college.
- If you own a grocery store, you might not be able to put food on the shelves.
- If you own a gas station, you might not be able to fill up your tanks.
- If you own a small business, you could go out of business.
- If you sell coffee or lunch to people who build homes and sell cars or work in a grocery store or gas station, you could lose your job too.
- If you don’t have a job, it might be harder to find one.
California has announced that they are broke and like the rest of us, need a loan, 600 car dealerships are closing per month in America, #1 status credit buyers (perfect credit scores) do not get a loan, six out of every ten cars in America are sold on credit (loans). Sixty Minutes last night on CBS reports that this entire banking crisis thing was the direct result of incompetent greedy bankers and now YOU pick up the tab. Bank of America pulls a $125 million dollar credit line from a west coast home builder who they have been doing business with for almost two decades, has never been late on one single payment and was current at the time the credit was withheld.
By the way, last Tuesday, Mr. Bush signed off on a bill to give the automobile companies $25 billion in loans, you know about that? Now let’s review: $85 billion for A.I.G., $800 billion plus for the Wall Street Hole In The Head Gang, $25 billion for the GM boys.
First thing you know, we are gonna be talking some REAL MONEY here.
Business as usual, the jets are flying this morning in some restricted zone far from here in some distant land, and the smart bombs are falling like spring rain on some poor sap just trying to get by like you and me. The lunch counter will be abuzz with new ideas and theories on how to eliminate these Robber Barons on The Street and find new ways to pay off the lobbyists goons that are sapping the lifeblood of our treasury (currently empty right now).
America is really an amazing place. We can send an eighteen year old to a distant far away place to die, but we cannot prosecute these malfeasance bankers who sit high up in the ivory towers, immune to the problems of the rest of the world.
Modern Day Untouchables and worse, with taxpayer bonuses.
We spend billions to search the globe for the last bed a terrorist slept in, and allow our own children to go to bed at night hungry. Our old and aged, sick and ignored, rot away in rest homes for lack of medical attention. It’s so bad even the Mexicans went home, and they were living here for free.
About the only good news I can see here is that sack of garbage O.J. Simpson was found guilty and will be sentenced in December to a possible life in prison … Which is about 13 years too late if you ask me. Just like Elvis, when he joined the Army, we will lose on revenue on this too.
I find it ironic that he is being held in “security isolation” from the general prison population for his own safety. He seems to like knife fights, let him out in the yard with the rest of his peers.
Time to get back to work, we still have to rescue some twenty border-line bankrupt airlines, we are not done yet.